Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's Never Over till It's Over...

Picasso used to say that it was always very hard to know when a painting was completed. but, today, I have finished and mailed out my Art House Co-op Fiction Project, a Moleskine journal filled with text and images... the exhibit of all the journals will travel across the country and land, eventually, back in Brooklyn. Soon the journals will start appearing online, as well. There is something so extraordinary in this set of projects... they encourage art, and artists... to contribute to one big gallery. Here are a couple of pages from my book, "(Isabella) In Flight."



I really had fun with this... the story is one that I had written a while ago, but as I tried to match images, back then, with my words, the results never felt exactly right to me. The timing of this Art House project was perfect... it made me look again at the written word and see how to play with images that were not illustration....

No comments:

Post a Comment